E-mail MeDaniel E. Cohen
A native of Easton, Daniel Cohen was born on November 19, 1943, and graduated from Easton High School and Lafayette College. He went on to attend University of Pennsylvania Law School and began the practice of law in 1968, soon to partner with Norman Seidel in the firm of Seidel and Cohen, which grew into the present Seidel Cohen Hof and Reid LLC.
Mr. Cohen has been admitted before the trial and appellate courts of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, as well as the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit and the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania. He has served as a member of a hearing committee of the Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania and, in the non-profit world, has served as president and Board member of Bnai Abraham Synagogue, the Jewish Federation of the Lehigh Valley, the Lehigh Valley Jewish Foundation, and ProJeCt of Easton Inc., as well as having served on the Boards for the Hugh Moore Canal Commission, Premier Bank, now Fulton Bank, Friends of the State Theater Inc., and the City of Easton Police Practices Commission.
His practice has concentrated in land use law, business organizations and corporate matters, transactions and wills, trusts and estates. He is married, the father of two daughters and the friend of one dog.
Areas of Practice
- 20% Real Estate
- 40% Business Organization
- 25% Wills, Trusts and Estates
- 10% Land Use
- 5% College Law
- Eminent Domain
- 10% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Pennsylvania, 1968
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1980
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1980
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 1968
- Lafayette College, Easton, Pennsylvania
- B.A. - 1965
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: English
- Elaine Emrick
- MCS Industries, Inc.
- Lafayette College
- Waldman Companies
- Redevelopment Authority of Easton , PA
- Greater Easton Development Partnership, Inc.
Honors and Awards
- Martindale Hubbell Preeminent Lawyers (AV Rated)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Association of College & University Attorneys, 1990 - Present
- Northampton County Bar, 1968 - Present
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, 1968 - Present